Come Work With Us!
Magenta is a medical device company developing the world’s smallest heart pump, meant to provide minimally-invasive support to the heart during acute episodes of dysfunction. The Elevate™ System is multi-disciplinary, involving mechanical engineering, material science, electrical engineering, software, algorithms and state-of-the-art catheter fabrication techniques.
We are looking for the best people possible who can help us propel the Elevate™ System forward and save more lives.
About the Job
We are looking for an R&D Engineer to be part of our R&D team.
Reports to: R&D Team Leader
• Participate in design and development activities of all aspects of the company products.
• Design mechanical parts and assemblies’ issue 2D drawings.
• Generate test methods and design fixtures to support the test during the development and assembly of prototypes.
• Conduct feasibility research.
• Interact with suppliers and manufacture R&D prototypes.
• Conduct test jigs qualifications and perform engineering tests and verification and validation tests.
• Provide technical usability engineering input.
• Develop mechanical User Interface.
• Provide technical engineering input for risk management activities.
• Perform the role of a Field Clinical Engineer (FCE).
• At least a B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering.
• Recommended 1-3 years’ experience in medical device industry.
• Hands on experience in laboratory.
• Experience with CAD software, Solidworks, LabView, MatLab knowledge is preferred.
• Analytical skills.
• Good written/verbal communication skills.